Monday, January 25, 2010

East Village Radio NY tonight.

The Apollo was amazing. Just surreal. Really. I shall elaborate in the next post when pictures are readily available.

As for now, please tune in (here) tonight to East Village Radio for The Main Ingredient from midnight-2am EST (9pm-12am PST) with Jon Oliver, a good friend of my dear RRS Feed partner Shred One. I'll be dropping a nice little set for you folks who missed the Iman @ the Apollo show. This way, you can all be a part of my NY experience.



Also this weekend Kidragon introduced me to a very significant man in the Hiphop, DJing, and the digging game: Danny Dan the Beat Man, the man behind the infamous Dusty Fingers series. That vinyl series introduced the realm of digging rare grooves & breaks to so many DJs including myself. I recall inheriting my first issue Vol. 1 from my brother's collection in high school with Dorothy Ashby's "The Windmills of Your Mind." I was pulled in like a fish on a hook. This man is a walking music encyclopedia and beyond. That's all I can really say for now. Just, wow.


And for the puppy followers:

Xochi, at a few weeks old.

Look Xochi! They named a salsa after you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment