Saturday, September 5, 2009

Birth giving

I'll make this fairly brief since there's exactly 40 minutes left of battery in my laptop, already hazardously in the red.

I must admit, there have been quite a few pregnancies surrounding me lately. I just found out in the past month that like 5 people I know are preggers, not to mention my roommate thought she was (only to find out it was a false alarm, seeing that it was physically impossible). I just went to a baby shower last weekend for Ron's brother, while his other brother is having one next month as well. And don't you all think that I'm an exception to all of this fertility...

Come this Labor Day Monday, I will be expecting...

Her name is Xochi (pronounced "Soh-chi," rhymes with Mochi), short for Xochitl. A quaint little Native Aztec name meaning "flower." I wanted to give her a Spanish name, so I asked the Mexican nurse at my work and that's what she came up with. She was born of a Terrier-mix mom and Shitzu father who reside in Carson, CA. She's one of 5 in the litter and all of her siblings look completely different from one another. She has also has a beard. I think it's the Terrier in her.


Speaking of birth-giving, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKO! Who is currently wandering the streets of Seattle after her strenuous work day taking pictures for Facebook at a gaming convention. Bah.


And while we're at it, speaking of Niko, here's a wonderful video she just emailed me that I think is just ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment