Monday, November 9, 2009

Thrift Shift.

So my original plan today was to hit up the LA swapmeet with MarvaLiz at the Rose Bowl, but seeing how I stayed up until 4am working on one single scratch, that didn't pan out as expected. Instead we hit up the Council of Jewish Women Thrift Store on Santa Monica Blvd and Veteran. They've always got great stuff. I found a bag that looks almost exactly like the one I bought from there (vintage black leather Coach briefcase bag with gold clasp), so Liz made the wise purchase. Alls ya really need is some good leather cleaner/conditioner and a leather shoe stain to get the purse back in tiptop shape. Here's a pic of something she didn't purchase bc we didn't know what the stiff stain on the back of it was.





Fur! Faux-fur that is.

Btw, I was fortunate enough to attend Hypnotic Brass Ensemble's performance this past Friday and it was uh-mazing. I think in total they're an 8-piece orchestra made up of brass instruments and a funky drummer. Not to mention all brothers except one member. And they're gangsta. Check em out.

I'll leave you with this utterly awesome book-paper peacock displayed at Anthropology, SM 3rd St. It was almost as majestic as the actual bird. Who am I kidding...of course it was.









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I still would buy that bird off of them... if I had money...

    ReplyDelete